With the holidays approaching, not only is there excitement, but also anxiety for me. I'm sure many people feel the same way. There's a lot of things to get done before December 24th, after all. Here's my list (and yes, I make a list) of things I need to do. Not necessarily in order.
1. The house needs to get cleaned really well before I bring out the Christmas garb.
2. I need to make Chex-mix. It's the one thing I make well. And it is expected for both Thanksgiving and Christmas on both sides of the family. So the Thanksgiving batch needs to be made soon. (note to self, make sure I have enough garlic salt)
3. After the house is cleaned, it is time for the annual hauling up of said Christmas garb from the basement. At last count, there are about 20 bins worth. (And last year, I donated many items - I just can't help it.)
4. Some furniture needs to rearranged to fit the tree(s). (Yes, I put up more than one tree - don't judge me - at least they're not those gay matchy trees. My trees are cool)
5. The trees go up and are decorated.
6. Decorate the house. Sometimes the house goes first, then the trees - depends on the mood.
7. The regular stuff that is around the house goes into the bins BACK into the basement.
8. Watch the weather for decent day then put up outside lights.
9. Shopping, shopping and more shopping. (this is an entire post in itself)
10. Christmas cards
11. Wrapping with the help of 3 cats. They are about as much help as M.
As you can see, most of this list everyone has in one shape or another. And the majority of the list is my responsibility. (some because it is just that way, and some I put on myself). I'm sure I've forgotten many things off the list, but they'll fall into place. Many things on the list get done out of order and done more than one time. But I'll manage, as I always do. All the hard work is worth it when everything is great on the 24th and 25th.
So it only one more day until the official kick-off of the holiday season - I'll be ready. (I hope)
14 hours ago