Feel free to copy this to your site:
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both (only use bags when I’m being lazy)
2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial... Neither of us will do the work of the live tree
3. When do you put up the tree(S)? Thanksgiving weekend or first week of December
4. When do you take the tree down? Between New Year's and my birthday - earlier if we are traveling in January.
5. Do you like eggnog? blech
6. Favorite gift received as a child? A Crayola Craft Art kit – it was really cool. I also got a harvest-gold portable 8-track player in 3rd grade - awesome. And in 8th grade, I got some blue tennis-shoe roller skates.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My in-laws and my Dad is super hard to surprise.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Nephews and nieces
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes – my Mom painted it and it is priceless
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail for family and ecards to work friends.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Clothes that are a size LARGE. (nothing more embarrassing than getting clothes too small that you can’t exchange)
12. Favorite Christmas Movies? All Rankin-Bass (it is a guilty pleasure)
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? November and I hit it hard on Black Friday
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I’ve donated gifts that I can’t use, does that count?
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My Grandma’s recipe for press cookies (my Mom makes them sometimes - maybe this will remind her to make them this year)
16. Lights on the tree? I change my mind each year.
17. Favorite Christmas song? I like them all
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay in Ohio
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Uh, see answer to #12 – of course!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Neither – I have my Grandma’s tree topper from the Depression. She paid .19 for it. The most treasured Christmas item I have.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? My family's tradition is the 24th. And M's family's is the 25th. Works out great.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? I get anxiety with all the “work” involved with the holiday.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I have my Grandma’s antique ornaments, my Mom’s from the 60’s and I also collect ornaments from traveling. I have soldier with missing buttons from 1969. My Mom bought my older brother and I a soldier and a snowman and she let me "pick". It back-fired. And I have a silly pom-pom Cookie Monster I made in 3rd grade.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? No such thing for us – we have party food on Christmas Eve. It's my favorite “dinner” of the year.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? No fighting
10 hours ago